This is me and the love of my life, Mike, on our wedding day.
About Me: I turned the big 3-0 this year. I also finished my bachelors degree in Elementary Education. I am currently searching for a job, but set up to be a substitute teacher for the 2012-2013 school year. Nothing comes easy, so I have to work on building my relevant work experience. I like to read, scrapbook, and make jewelry.
About Mike: Mike is 32 and recently finished his 5 years of schooling to become a union electrician. He is a couple hundred hours (of working hours) short to become a journeyman electrician, but he should be there soon. Mike likes to read, play golf, bags...pretty much anything competitive.
About Us: Our timeline....
- June 2002 - Mike and I met when we worked together at Best Buy. Truth be told...I thought he was a bit of an arrogant @$$ before I really got to know him. :)
- July 2003 - After both getting out of serious relationships, we decided to take things a little slow and just hang out.
- August 6, 2003 - We shared our first kiss.
- August 8, 2003 - We went on our first date to see American Wedding and had dinner at Applebee's.
- October 2004 - We moved into a two bedroom apartment together in Manteno, IL.
- November 30, 2004 - Mike got down on one knee in the hallway of our apartment, said a "short but sweet" speech and asked me to marry him. We went to dinner that night to celebrate with two of our closest friends.
- March 4, 2006 - We tied the knot at St. Patrick's Church in Momence, IL.
- March 6-11, 2006 - We honeymooned in Akumal, Quintana Roo, MX.
- August 6, 2006 - We purchased our first home in Bradley, IL.
- September 16, 2006 - My sister bought us a housewarming present....a puppy. We named her Roxy. Roxy is a beagle/basset hound mix.
- November 21, 2010 - We adopted another beagle mix. We named him Mackey.
- March 10-17, 2011 - We took a 5 year anniversary trip to Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, MX. This was the best trip ever. We still reminisce about it. :)